LeAnn Rimes: I "Felt Abandoned" During Affair, Divorce Drama

Story photo: LeAnn Rimes: I Story photo: LeAnn Rimes: I
Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.comUs Magazine
It's been over two years since Us Weekly first broke news ofLeAnn Rimes' extramarital affair with Eddie Cibrian -- eighty-sixing both of their marriages -- and the country singer, 28, isn't afraid to own up to her mistakes.
"I know I didn't do it the right way," Rimes says of falling her her Northern Lights costar in "Backstory: LeAnn Rimes," a new special airing Sunday on the Great American Countrychannel. (New York's Daily News featured excerpts from the special.)
"I didn't have the tools to know how to do it the right way, how to let go the right way. I'd never been taught that," she says of cheating on then-husband Dean Sheremet with Cibrian, who was then wed to Brandi Glanville, mother to his two sons. (She and Cibrian, 37, are now engaged; Sheremet is also engaged to girlfriend Sarah Silver.)
During the media onslaught that followed, "I think I felt abandoned -- I think abandoned is a really good word -- because of our divorce," Rimes says. (She and Sheremet finalized their split in late 2009.)
"Not only that," she observes, "our divorce became so much bigger because it was publicized."
What's different now? "I have... strength...I didn't have it at the time. So, it got really messy. I have learned a lot from that."
"I'm not glad it happened," Rimes points out, "but I know why it did."

0 comments:

Post a Comment